- Semantic Document Selection: historical research on collections that span multiple centuries
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
The availability of digitized collections of historical data, such as newspapers, increases every day. With that, so does the wish for historians to explore these collections. Methods that are traditionally used to examine a collection do not scale up to today’s collection sizes. We propose a method that combines text mining with exploratory search to provide historians with a means of interactively selecting and inspecting relevant documents from very large collections. We assess our proposal with a case study on a prototype system.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Theory and practice of digital libraries: second international conference, TPDL 2012, Paphos, Cyprus, September
23-27, 2012: proceedings
Place of publication: Heidelberg
Editors: P. Zaphiris, G. Buchanan, E. Rasmussen, F. Loizides
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.