- Adaptive temporal query modeling
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- We present an approach to query modeling that uses the temporal distribution of documents in an initially retrieved set of documents. Such distributions tend to exhibit bursts, especially in news-related document collections. We hypothesize that documents in those bursts are more likely to be relevant and update the query model with the most distinguishing terms in high-quality documents sampled from bursts. We evaluate the effectiveness of our models on a test collection of blog posts.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Advances in information retrieval: 34th European Conference on IR Research, ECIR 2012, Barcelona, Spain,
April 1-5, 2012. Proceedings
Place of publication: Heidelberg
Editors: R. Baeza-Yates, A.P. de Vries, H. Zaragoza, B.B. Cambazoglu, V. Murdock, R. Lempel, F. Silvestri
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.