- X-ray Binaries in Early Type Galaxies and the Globular Cluster Connection
- IAU Conference 194, La Paz, Baja California Sur
- Book/source title
- Compact Binaries in the Galaxy and Beyond
- Pages (from-to)
- Volume (Publisher)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- We summarize the key observations made in recent observations of X-ray sources in early-type galaxies. Typically about half of the X-ray binaries in early-type galaxies are in globular clusters, they are preferentially found in metal rich globular clusters, and there is no indication that cluster age is an important parameter. Theoretical challenges are presented by these results.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.