- Self-diffusion for a weakly-coupled plasma in a magnetic field
- Physica A : Statistical Mechanics and its Applications
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Theoretical Physics Amsterdam (ITFA)
- The longitudinal self-diffusion coefficient for a magnetized plasma with a small plasma parameter is calculated from kinetic theory in the weak-coupling approximation. Asymptotic expressions for this coefficient are derived in the limits of weak and of strong magnetic field. For intermediate strength of the magnetic field numerical results are presented.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.