H. la Roi
F. van Renssen
- TPACK in language teaching
- Implications for teacher education
- SITE2016: 27th International Conference Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2016
- Pages (from-to)
- Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Research Institute of Child Development and Education (RICDE)
From the perspective that a teacher’s TPACK depends on the subject domain, the students and the ecology of the school and the classroom, this symposium intends to contribute to a better understanding of TPACK in language teaching. We present four studies that discuss the meaning of TPACK as a knowledge base for teaching language with technology (mother tongue and modern foreign languages). Two contributions studied what the knowledge base for teaching with technology could be in respectively early literacy and modern foreign language teaching. Two contributions demonstrate how TPACK in language teaching can be developed in in-service and pre-service teachers.
- Final publisher version
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.