J. van Waaij
H. van Zanten
- Gaussian process methods for one-dimensional diffusions: Optimal rates and adaptation
- Electronic Journal of Statistics
- Volume | Issue number
- 10 | 1
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- We study the performance of nonparametric Bayes procedures for one-dimensional diffusions with periodic drift. We improve existing convergence rate results for Gaussian process (GP) priors with fixed hyper parameters. Moreover, we exhibit several possibilities to achieve adaptation to smoothness. We achieve this by considering hierarchical procedures that involve either a prior on a multiplicative scaling parameter, or a prior on the regularity parameter of the GP.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.