- On the Solvability of Inductive Problems: A Study in Epistemic Topology
- Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical Computer Science
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
- We investigate the issues of inductive problem-solving and learning by doxastic agents. We provide topological characterizations of solvability and learnability, and we use them to prove that AGM-style belief revision is "universal", i.e., that every solvable problem is solvable by AGM conditioning.
- go to publisher's site
- In: Proceedings Fifteenth Conference on Theoretical Aspects of Rationality and Knowledge : Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh,
USA, June 4-6, 2015.
Edited by R Ramanujam.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.