- A test for using the sum score to obtain a stochastic ordering of subjects
- Journal of Multivariate Analysis
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Research Institute of Child Development and Education (RICDE)
- For many psychological test applications, the simple sum score across the items is used to make inferences about subjects.
However, most of the item response theory models for psychological test data do not support such usage of the sum score. A
simple test is proposed to assess whether the sum score can be used to obtain a stochastic ordering of subjects. This test
is based on general (nonparametric) conditions and requires only the estimation of the unconstrained proportions.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.