- The physics and mathematics of microstates in string theory: And a monstrous Farey tail
- Award date
- 4 March 2016
- Number of pages
- Document type
- PhD thesis
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Theoretical Physics Amsterdam (ITFA)
- A dissertation that delves into physical and mathematical aspects of string theory. In the first part of this work, microscopic properties string theoretic black holes are investigated. The second part is concerned with the moonshine phenomenon. The theory of generalized umbral moonshine is developed. Also, concepts in monstrous moonshine are used to study the entropy of certain two dimensional conformal field theories.
- Cover title: Microstates moonshine monster.
Research conducted at: Universiteit van Amsterdam
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.