- Optimization of peri-operative care in colorectal surgery
B. van Ramshorst
- Award date
- 18 March 2016
- Number of pages
- Document type
- PhD thesis
- Faculty of Medicine (AMC-UvA)
Colorectal cancer is an important health issue, and colorectal surgery is increasingly being performed. During the last years, quality and safety of care, new surgical techniques and attention for peri-operative risks resulted in reduction of postoperative morbidity and mortality. Despite these improvements, complications still occur.
The aim of this thesis was to gain more insight in optimization of peri-operative care in colorectal surgery.
Four main subjects were discussed in the presented chapters:
1. Analyzing peri-operative risk factors for complications following colorectal surgery.
2. Assessing the value and visualization of the visceral microcirculation in colorectal
3. Early detection of complications following colorectal surgery.
4. Functional outcomes and the impact on quality of life following colorectal surgery.
- Research conducted at: Universiteit van Amsterdam
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.