- Instance Optimality of the Adaptive Maximum Strategy
- Foundations of Computational Mathematics
- Volume | Issue number
- 16 | 1
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- In this paper, we prove that the standard adaptive finite element method with a (modified) maximum marking strategy is instance
optimal for the total error, being the square root of the squared energy error plus the squared oscillation. This result will
be derived in the model setting of Poisson’s equation on a polygon, linear finite elements, and conforming triangulations
created by newest vertex bisection.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.