- Identifying same-sex couples in cross-national survey data: A comparison of same-sex couples’ demographic and socio-economic traits in six European countries
- DANS symposium publications
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Amsterdam Institute for Social Science Research (AISSR)
There are many challenges associated with studying same-sex couples in survey data, which were not explicitly designed for this purpose. In this chapter, I systematically review demographic and socio-economic characteristics of same-sex couples in two data sources: the European Social Survey (2002-2012) and the Generations and Gender Programme (2002-2010). This comparison is aimed at providing a first check on the quality of these data. While there is much encouraging evidence, a number of country-specific inconsistencies emerge. The chapter concludes by giving relevant recommendations to survey providers.
- Proceedings title: Nederland in context: verschillen en overeenkomsten
Place of publication: Den Haag
Editors: R. Meuleman, G. Kraaykamp, M. Wittenberg
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.