- The Bite, the Bark and Howl: Article 7 TEU and The Rule of Law Initiatives
- Number of pages
- Amsterdam: Amsterdam Centre for European Law and Governance, University of Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Centre for European Law and Governance research paper
- Volume | Edition (Serie)
- Document type
- Working paper
- Faculty of Law (FdR)
- Amsterdam Center for European Law and Governance (ACELG)
- This paper describes and analyses the meaning of Article 7 TEU in relation to the so-called Rule of Law Initiatives of the
EU Commission and Council.
It argues that the very identity of the foundational values of the Union and the Member States causes the impossibility of delimiting the scope of EU law from that of Member States when it comes to guaranteeing them. This explains the politically highly sensitive nature of doing so by action of EU institutions.
- Final publisher version
- Amsterdam Law School Legal Studies Research Paper No. 2016-02. - January 2016
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.