- Вид и плюсквамперфект в славянских языках
- Aspektual'naja semanticheskaja zona: tipologija sistem i scenarii diaxronicheskogo razvitija: 5th conference of the international commission of aspectology of the International committe of Slavists
- Book/source title
- Аспектуальная семантическая зона: Типология систем и сценарии диахронического развития. Сб. статей V Международной конференции Комиссии по аспектологии Международного комитета славистов
- Pages (from-to)
- Kyoto: Kyoto Sangyo University
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Amsterdam Center for Language and Communication (ACLC)
Aspect and the Pluperfect in the Slavic Languages.
The article gives some basic information on the meaning and the distribution of the pluperfect in the Slavic lan-guages and discusses its use in a number of examples from early and modern Slavic translations. The focus is on the functioning of Slavic aspect in the pluperfect, specifically with respect to the expression of taxis relations. Because of the low frequency of imperfective aspect in the pluperfect, special attention is given to these cases.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.