- Can collusion promote sustainable consumption and production?
- Number of pages
- Amsterdam: University of Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Law School Legal Studies Research Paper/Amsterdam Center for Law & Economics Working Paper Working paper
- Volume | Edition (Serie)
- Document type
- Working paper
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam Center for Law & Economics (ACLE)
Amsterdam School of Economics Research Institute (ASE-RI)
- Several competition authorities have taken public interest considerations, such as promoting sustainable consumption and production, into account in cartel proceedings.We show that when consumers value sustainable products and firms choose investments in sustainability before choosing output, coordination of output choices boosts investments in sustainability and may even enhance consumer surplus, whereas coordination of investments in sustainability hinders investments and harms consumers.
- March 18, 2016
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.