- Pedagogical dimensions of effective online asynchronous teacher communication in higher education
- SITE 2015: 26th international conference
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2015
- Pages (from-to)
- Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Research Institute of Child Development and Education (RICDE)
In this research teacher behaviour in online asynchronous discussions is studied. To this end teachers’ online messages were analyzed and correlated to measures of student satisfaction. Findings show a positive relation between student satisfaction and the presence of content knowledge, multiple acknowledgement, online personality and summary of (parts of) the discussion in teacher messages. The research resulted in a scoring guideline for online teacher messages that can be used to enhance the quality of online teaching.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.