- The properties of single WO stars
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- The enigmatic oxygen sequence Wolf-Rayet (WO) stars represent a very late stage in massive star evolution, although their exact nature is still under debate. The spectra of most of the WO stars have never been analysed through detailed modelling with a non-local thermodynamic equilibrium expanding atmosphere code. Here we present preliminary results of the first homogeneous analysis of the (apparently) single WOs.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: New windows on massive stars: asteroseismology, interferometry, and spectropolarimetry: proceedings of
the 307th Symposium of the International Astronomical Union held in Geneva, Switzerland June 23-27, 2014
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Place of publication: Cambridge
Editors: G. Meynet, C. Georgy, J. Groh
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.