- The André-Oort conjecture
- Nieuw Archief voor Wiskunde
- Volume | Issue number
- 5/15 | 4
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- The André-Oort conjecture is a problem in algebraic geometry from around 1990, with arithmetic,
analytic and differential geometric aspects. Klingler, Ullmo and Yafaev, as well as Pila and Tsimerman have now shown that the Generalized Riemann Hypothesis implies the Andr´e-Oort conjecture. Both proofs appeared in the Annals ofMathematics in 2014. In this article Bas Edixhoven and Lenny Taelman describe the conjecture and these recent solutions.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.