- Comprehending process diagrams in biology education
- Award date
- 27 November 2015
- Number of pages
- Document type
- PhD thesis
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Research Institute of Child Development and Education (RICDE)
- Students in secondary Science education seem to have difficulties with comprehending diagrams. Process diagrams are an important type of representation in Biology for explaining processes like protein synthesis, compound cycles, etc. In this thesis, we aimed at getting deeper insight into students’ difficulties comprehending process diagrams. These insights were used to inform the design of an intervention.
- Research conducted at: Universiteit van Amsterdam
Thesis (complete) (Embargo until 27 November 2017)
Chapter 5: Effect of a multiple-strategy training with a stepwise working-routine on learning from process diagrams (Embargo until 27 November 2017)
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.