- The transverse index theorem for proper cocompact actions of Lie groupoids
- Journal of Differential Geometry
- Volume | Issue number
- 99 | 3
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- Given a proper, cocompact action of a Lie groupoid, we define a higher index pairing between invariant elliptic differential
operators and smooth groupoid cohomology classes. We prove a cohomological index formula for this pairing by applying the
van Est map and algebraic index theory. Finally we discuss in examples the meaning of the index pairing and our index formula.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.