- Highly selective adsorption of ethylene over ethane in a MOF featuring the combination of open metal site and π-complexation
- Chemical Communications
- Volume | Issue number
- 51 | 13
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Van 't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS)
- The introduction of the combination of open metal site (OMS) and π-complexation into MOF has led to very high ethylene-ethane adsorption selectivity at 318 K, as illustrated in the context of MIL-101-Cr-SO3Ag. The interactions with ethylene from both OMS and π-complexation in MIL-101-Cr-SO3Ag have been investigated by in situ IR spectroscopic studies and computational calculations, which suggest that π-complexation contributes dominantly to the high ethylene-ethane adsorption selectivity.
- go to publisher's site
- With supplementary information
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.