- Reprint of: Transient breakthroughs of CO2/CH4 and C3H6/C3H8 mixtures in fixed beds packed with Ni-MOF-74
- Chemical Engineering Science
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Van 't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS)
The metal-organic framework Ni-MOF-74 was synthesized and then characterized by XRD, SEM, and N-2 adsorption techniques. The unary isotherms of CO2, CH4, C3H6, and C3H8 on Ni-MOF-74 were measured by means of a volumetric method. The Langmuir-Freundlich model appropriately describes the adsorption equilibrium data. The selective separations of two mixtures CO2/CH4 and C3H6/C3H8 on Ni-MOF-74 were experimentally investigated by a breakthrough-column technique. Simulations of transient breakthroughs for the two mixtures agree well with the experimental data In addition, with the inclusion of intra-crystalline diffusion into the simulations, the quality of the simulated breakthrough curves are improved and agree better with the experimental data. The results indicate that Ni-MOF-74 might be a candidate for the removal of C3H6 from C3H6/C3H8 mixtures and for the efficient separation of CO2 from CH4. (C) 2014 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- go to publisher's site
- Reprint of: Chen, D.L., Shang, H., Zhu, W.D. & Krishna, R. (2014). Transient breakthroughs of CO2/CH4 and C3H6/C3H8 mixtures in fixed beds packed with Ni-MOF-74. --- Chemical Engineering Science, 117 --- , 407-415. doi: 10.1016/j.ces.2014.07.008
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.