- Nanosecond photochromic molecular switching of a biphenyl-bridged imidazole dimer revealed by wide range transient absorption spectroscopy
- Chemical Communications
- Volume | Issue number
- 51 | 7
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Van 't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS)
- We demonstrate that a biphenyl-bridged imidazole dimer exhibits fast photochromism with a thermal recovery time constant of similar to 100 ns, which is the fastest thermal back reaction in all reported imidazole dimers. Sub-ps transient absorption spectroscopy reveals that the generation process of the colored species occurs within 1 ps.
- go to publisher's site
- With supplementary information
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.