- A column-store meets the point clouds
- FOSS4G Europe (Bremen)
- Book/source title
- FOSS4G-Europe 2014: Independent Innovation for INSPIRE, Big Data and Citizen Participation: OSGEO's European Conference on Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial. Academic Track
- Open Source Geospatial Foundation
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- Column stores have become the de-facto standard for most datawarehouse solutions. The regularity and query patterns of LIDAR
data are a potential application area well suited for this technology.
In this short work in progress paper we report on our experiences in supporting point cloud data using PostGIS, Oracle spatial, and MonetDB.
Our preliminary results shows significant benefit from considering this technology
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.