J. van Mill
- Homogeneity and generalizations of 2-point sets
- Houston Journal of Mathematics
- Volume | Issue number
- 40 | 3
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- We prove the existence of homogeneous n-point sets (i.e., subsets of the plane which eet every line in exactly n points) for every finite n ≥ 3. We also show that for every zero-dimensional subset A of the real line there is a subset X of the plane such that every line intersects X in a topological copy of A.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.