- PDL Inside the μ-calculus: A Syntactic and an Automata-theoretic Characterization
- Advances in Modal Logic
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
- It is well known that propositional Dynamic Logic (PDL) can be seen as a fragment of the modal μ-calculus. In this paper we provide an exact syntactic characterization of the fragments of the μ-calculus that correspond to PDL and to test-free PDL. In addition we give automata-theoretic characterizations for PDL, with and without tests, which shed light on the relation between these logics and the modal μ-calculus and provide a new framework for the development of the theory of PDL.
- Publisher: College Publications
Place of publication: [London]
Editors: R. Goré, B. Kooi, A. Kurucz
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.