- The magnetic characteristics of Galactic OB stars from the MiMeS survey of magnetism in massive stars
- Proceedings of the International Astronomical Union
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- The Magnetism in Massive Stars (MiMeS) project represents the largest systematic survey of stellar magnetism ever undertaken. Based on a sample of over 550 Galactic B and O-type stars, the MiMeS project has derived the basic characteristics of magnetism in hot, massive stars. Herein we report preliminary results.
- go to publisher's site
- MiMeS Collaboration
Proceedings title: Magnetic Fields throughout Stellar Evolution: proceedings of the 302nd Symposium of the International Astronomical Union held in Biarritz, France, August 25-30, 2013
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Place of publication: Cambridge, UK
Editors: P. Petit, M. Jardine, H.C. Spruit
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.