- An unbroken chain: approaches to implementing Linked Open Data in libraries: comparing local, open-source, collaborative and commercial systems
- IFLA 2014 Satellite Meeting: Linked Data in Libraries: Let's make it happen!
- Book/source title
- IFLA 2014 Satellite Meeting Linked Data in Libraries: Let's make it happen!
- Paris: Bibliothèque nationale de France
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- This paper compares methods for libraries to interact with the Web of data by assessing the benefits and risks associated with local development, free-and-open-source software, collaborative and commercial solutions. Through a number of case studies, we provide insight into how each approach can be implemented and the extent to which these approaches can be reconciled.
- Presentation slides: http://ifla2014-satdata.bnf.fr/pdf/4_iflalld2014_ppt_greenall_koster.pdf
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.