- Towards an active learning system for company name disambiguation in microblog streams
- CEUR Workshop Proceedings
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
In this paper we describe the collaborative participation of UvA & UNED at RepLab 2013. We propose an active learning approach for the filtering subtask, using features based on the detected semantics in the tweet (using Entity Linking with Wikipedia), as well as tweet-inherent features such as hashtags and usernames. The tweets manually inspected during the active learning process is at most 1% of the test data. While our baseline does not perform well, we can see that active learning does improve the results.
- Proceedings title: CLEF2013 Working Notes: working notes for CLEF 2013 Conference: Valencia, Spain, September 23-26, 2013
Place of publication: Aachen
Editors: P. Forner, R. Navigli, D. Tufis, N. Ferro
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.