- Dutch-Russian Double Degree Master's Program Curricula in Computational Science and High Performance Computing
- Frontiers in Education Conference
- Book/source title
- 2014 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference
- Book/source subtitle
- FIE 2014 : Opening Innovations and Internationalization in Engineering Education : October 22-25, 2014, Madrid, Spain, Melia Castilla Hotel & Convention Center : proceedings
- Number of pages
- Piscataway, NJ: IEEE
- ISBN (electronic)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
From the moment of the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991, Russian higher education underwent drastic changes to international standards and enter the European Higher Education Area on equal terms. Joint efforts of Russian and Dutch peers and strong incentives from high-tech industries helped to launch new educational programs in Computational Science. Our international team of educators attempts to pick the best from the curricula and educational methods of post-Soviet programs and adopt the world's best practices in engineering education. In this paper we describe the curricula of a double-degree Master's program in Supercomputer Technologies in Interdisciplinary Research of the ITMO University and the University of Amsterdam and newly-developed programs in Big Data and Urban Supercomputing. We comment on the form and content of our programs and give some examples of student research topics.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.