H. van Bergen
N. van der Stap
- How teacher education institutions cope with challenges of teaching and learning in the digital age
- Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2014
- Pages (from-to)
- Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Research Institute of Child Development and Education (RICDE)
The assumption underlying the symposium is that teacher education institutions have a dual challenge. At the one hand they need to prepare pre-service students for teaching and facilitating learning in the digital age, including the use of technology in teaching and learning. At the other hand teacher education institutions themselves need to change in order to cope with the challenges of the knowledge society. How Dutch teacher education institutions cope with these challenges is presented and discussed in the symposium.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.