- Determinants of the sustainability of teacher design teams as a professional development arrangement for developing technology integration knowledge and skills
- Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2014
- Pages (from-to)
- Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Research Institute of Child Development and Education (RICDE)
Teacher design team was introduced to in-service science teachers in Tanzania between 2011 and 2012 as a professional development arrangement for developing technology integration knowledge and skills. This study was conducted to investigate the extent of the teachers’ continuous collaboration in design teams to design technology enhanced lessons after the professional development program had ended. A total of 29 in-service science teachers who previously participated in the professional development arrangement participated in the study. A triangulation of a questionnaire, focus group discussion and interview showed a limited collaboration in design teams among teachers. Lack of common time for meeting in design teams, lack of support from the management, the teachers’ negative attitudes towards design teams and lack of facilities (technological tools) were reported by teachers as important factors contributing to low collaboration in team and use of technology in teaching.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.