M. van Rijn
M. van Deursen
- SocialZap: Catch-Up on Interesting Television Fragments Discovered from Social Media
- 2014 ACM International Conference on Multimedia Information Retrieval
- Book/source title
- ICMR Glasgow 2014: proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Multimedia Retrieval 2014: April 1st-4th, 2014, Glasgow, UK
- Pages (from-to)
- New York: Association for Computing Machinery
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
In this paper we present SocialZap, a multimedia search engine that finds the most interesting fragments, zap points, in a television broadcast based on microblog posts and socially tagged photos. The main novelty of SocialZap is the fully-automatic transfer of the learned viewers interest from textual posts to the visual channel, without the need for any manual effort in the process. Once SocialZap finds the zap points, users can easily browse through a television broadcast and directly watch the interesting fragments. Thus, SocialZap adds social experience to watching television.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.