- Mobility and Inclusion in Multilingual Europe: A Position Paper on the MIME Project
- Number of pages
- University of Geneva: Geneva
- Document type
- Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Amsterdam School for Regional, Transnational and European Studies (ARTES)
MIME is the acronym of "Mobility and Inclusion in Multilingual Europe". The MIME project was submitted on 31 January 2013 to the Directorate General for Research and Innovation of the European Commission, following a call to tender published on 9 July 2012 on "The Multilingual Challenge for the European Citizen". Combining information gleaned from various official and unofficial sources, we estimate that some 20 projects were in the running for this call. In the spring of 2103, the MIME project received top marks in the evaluation procedure. The aim of this paper is to present the key characteristics of the MIME project, highlighting in particular the cornerstones of its approach to the study of linguistic diversity today.
- Version presented at the MIME Kick-Off Conference, University of Geneva, 31st March 2014.