- Low-temperature magnetic structure of UPdGe
- Journal of Applied Physics
- Volume | Issue number
- 93 | 10
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Van der Waals-Zeeman Institute (WZI)
- We report on the low-temperature magnetic structure of UPdGe, which crystallizes in theorthorhombic TiNiSi structure. Magnetic space group analysis was employed to determine potentialmoment configuration allowed by crystal symmetry. By fitting the allowed models to neutrondiffraction results, we find that UPdGe orders ferromagnetically below TC528 K with collinearuranium moments of about 1.5 mB /U atom pointing along the orthorhombic b axis at 5 K.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.