- Fluctuations properties and collective modes of quantum plasmas in a magnetic field
- Book/source title
- Strongly coupled plasma physics (Proceedings of a conference on plasma physics, held from 16-21 August 1992, Rochester)
- Pages (from-to)
- Rochester, NY: University of Rochester Press
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Theoretical Physics Amsterdam (ITFA)
A complete set of equilibrium fluctuation formulas for the charge density, the momentum density and the energy density of a magnetized one-component quantum plasma is presented. The derivation is based on the use of equations of motion for Fourier-transformed imaginary-time Green functions. The resulting formulas depend both on the strength and the orientation of the magnetic field. They are a basic ingredient for the derivation of the collective-mode spectrum in the long-wavelength limit. Projection-operator methods are used to establish explicit expressions for the mode frequencies of a magnetized quantum plasma up to second order in the wave number.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.