- A study of milling of pure polymers and a structural transformation of polyethylene
- Materials Science Forum
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Van der Waals-Zeeman Institute (WZI)
- We investigated possible physical and chemical changes in inert polymers by means of mechanical milling. No chemical changes were observed. However, in polystyrene we found two glass temperatures after milling, in contrast to one glass temperature in the original material. Under certain conditions crystalline polyethylene transformed almost completely from the orthorhombic to the monoclinic structure.
- Proceedings title: Synthesis and properties of mechanically alloyed and nanocrystalline materials : ISMANAM-96 : proceedings
of the international symposium on metastable, mechanically alloyed and nanocrystalline materials Rome, Italy, May 20-24, 1996
Publisher: Trans Tech
Place of publication: Zürich-Uetikon
Editors: D. Fiorani, M. Magini
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.