- Fluctuations in a dense one-component plasma
- Physica A : Statistical Mechanics and its Applications
- Pages (from-to)
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Theoretical Physics Amsterdam (ITFA)
- The complete set of fluctuation formulae for the density, the pressure and the energy density of a one-component plasma is derived. The momentum balance equation contains a source term proportional to the electric field generated by the density fluctuations. This term, which diverges for small wave number, is shown to have a profound influence on the fluctuation formulae.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.