F.R. de Boer
- Development of the Ground-State Within the UTSi System
- Journal of Applied Physics
- Volume | Issue number
- 69 | 8
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Van der Waals-Zeeman Institute (WZI)
- Magnetic properties and specific heat are reported on compounds of the type UTSi, where T is a transition metal. A tendency towards magnetism is found for the compounds with the late transition metals: UCoSi, URuSi, and UIrSi are nonmagnetic, whereas UNiSi, URhSi, UPdSi, and UPtSi are magnetically ordered. This observation agrees well with the expected behavior on the basis of 5f‐d hybridization.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.