- The potential energy surfaces of the T1 state of 1,3,5-hexatrienes and methylated derivatives: a survey of present knowledge
- Springer proceedings in physics
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Van 't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS)
In previous studies considered was the time-resolved resonance Raman (TRRR) spectra of 1,3,5-hexatriene (HT) in its lowest excited triplet state in order to obtain information about the geometry of the T1 intermediate and the mechanism of the cis-trans photoisomerization in T1. In the present paper some results of the most recent experimental and theoretical studies are presented, and the present picture of the potential energy surface in the lowest excited T1 state of 1,3,5-hexatrienes evolving from these and the authors previous investigations is summarized. A more detailed account of this work is to be published. In order to obtain information on the T1 state of HT, several experimental and theoretical methods were used.
- Proceedings title: Time resolved vibrational spectroscopy : proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Time-Resolved
Vibrational Spectroscopy, Tokyo, Japan, June 3-7, 1991
Place of publication: Berlin
Editors: H. Takahashi
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.