- Black holes in binary stars
- NATO Advanced Study Institutes Series. Series C, Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- Introduction Distinguishing neutron stars and black holes Optical companions and dynamical masses X-ray signatures of the nature of a compact object Structure and evolution of black-hole binaries High-mass black-hole binaries Low-mass black-hole binaries Low-mass black holes Formation of black holes in binaries Conclusions and future prospects.
- Proceedings title: Evolutionary processes in binary stars (Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Study Institute on evolutionary
processes in binary stars, Cambridge, UK, July 10-21, 1995)
Publisher: Kluwer Academic Publishers
Place of publication: Dordrecht
Editors: R.A.M.J. Wijers, M.B. Davies
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.