- Collective modes and generalized transport coefficients for a dense one-component plasma in a magnetic field
- Physica A : Statistical Mechanics and its Applications
- Pages (from-to)
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Theoretical Physics Amsterdam (ITFA)
- The collective modes for a one-component Coulomb plasma in a magnetic field are derived from the microscopic balance equations. The mode frequencies contain nine independent generalized transport coefficients for which Green-Kubo expressions are determined. The discontinuity in the mode spectrum for wave vectors orthogonal to the magnetic field is discussed in detail. The connexion with the results obtained by means of kinetic theory is established.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.