- A new measure for objective speech quality evaluation
- Acta scientiarium naturalium Universitatis Pekinensis
- Volume | Issue number
- 33 | 5
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Amsterdam Center for Language and Communication (ACLC)
This paper studies briefly a distance measure for objective quality evaluation of speech communication channels using instantaneous and dynamic spectral features. It is based on studies for subjective and objective quality evaluation and LPC cepstral distance measure. The dynamic spectral feature is expressed by the cepstral regression coefficients. We used the three parameters: cepstral coefficients, cepstral regression coefficients and energy regression cofficients to measure objective speech quality. The experimental results show that the correlation coefficient between this objective measure and the subjective quality evaluation (MOS) is 0.953, it is much better than LPC cepstral distance measure. and other 2 measures.
- In Chinese with English abstract.