- On the equivalence of convergent kinetic equations for hot dilute plasmas. Transport coefficients in first Chapman-Cowling approximation
- Physica A : Statistical Mechanics and its Applications
- Pages (from-to)
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Theoretical Physics Amsterdam (ITFA)
- Two competitive convergent kinetic equations for a one-component Coulomb plasma with small plasma parameter epsilon are discussed. It is shown how a Chapman-Enskog scheme can be set up to calculate the heat conductivity and the viscosity. Both kinetic equations are found to yield identical transport coefficients for small epsilon , at least in lowest order of the Chapman-Cowling truncation procedure.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.