- Gains and losses in nonadditive expected utility
- Book title
- Models and experiments on risk and rationality
- Pages (from-to)
- Number of pages
- Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Theory and decision library Series B, Mathematical and statistical methods
- Volume | Edition (Serie)
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam School of Economics Research Institute (ASE-RI)
- This paper provides a simple approach for deriving cumulative prospect theory. The key axiom is a cumulative dominance axiom which requires that a prospect be judged more attractive if in it greater gains are more likely and greater losses are less likely. In the presence of this cumulative dominance, once a model is satisfied on a "sufficiently rich" domain, then it holds everywhere. This leads to highly transparent results.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.