- Comparing migrants to non-migrants: the case of Dutch migration to New Zealand
- Journal of Population Economics
- Volume | Issue number
- 16 | 4
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
Faculty of Law (FdR)
- Amsterdam School of Economics Research Institute (ASE-RI)
Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies (AIAS)
- We analyse post-war Dutch migration to New Zealand. We document that history, reflect on analytical and econometric modelling and then combine a sample of Dutch migrants in New Zealand with a representative sample of Dutch in The Netherlands to estimate wage equations and the determinants of the migration decision. We use the results for ex post evaluation of the migration decision.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.