- Online parenting support: Guiding parents towards empowerment through single session email consultation
- Award date
- 2 July 2014
- Number of pages
- Document type
- PhD thesis
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Research Institute of Child Development and Education (RICDE)
Internet technology offers a lot of new opportunities for the dissemination of information, sharing of support and consultation of professionals. Innovating professionals from multiple disciplines have begun to exploit the new opportunities for parenting support. The studies presented in this book are meant to deepen our insights in the subject of online parenting support and investigate the feasibility to use single session email consultation to empower parents.
This publication includes:
- A systematic review of 75 studies on online parenting support.
- A meta-analytic review of 12 studies on online tools to improve parenting.
- A content analysis of 129 parenting questions and responses in single session email consultation.
- An analysis and validation study of the newly developed Guiding the Empowerment Process model.
- An evaluation study of the effects of single session email consultation on parental empowerment.
The results of this research indicate that the Internet is not only a source of information, but it can also be an instrument for support and training, aiming to improve parental competencies.
- Research conducted at: Universiteit van Amsterdam
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.