A.S. van Teijen
- Do compensation consultants assist in setting easy targets in performance-vested equity plans for CEOs?
- Management Control & Accounting
- Volume | Issue number
- 2014 | 2
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam Business School Research Institute (ABS-RI)
- In this paper, we examine the role of a compensation consultant in executive compensation design. We find that firms hiring compensation consultants set more challenging performance targets than firms not using a consultant. The potential conflicts of interest between a client firm and its consultant (i.e., the consultant providing multiple services to the client) does not influence the target difficulty.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.