H. van Ophem
- Determinants of football transfers
- Applied Economics Letters
- Volume | Issue number
- 22 | 1
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam School of Economics Research Institute (ASE-RI)
- The analysis of football transfers is hampered by selectivity bias. In most empirical estimations, simple regression is used and selectivity is ignored. In this article we propose an estimation method that corrects for sample selectivity and allows the use of more observations in a simple manner. The ordered probit estimates point in a similar direction as the estimates from commonly applied estimation techniques but the significance is higher.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.