- Replication of innovation in professional service firms: options for leveraging knowledge
- 22nd Nordic Academy of Management Conference
- Book/source title
- 22nd Nordic Academy of Management Conference: held at University of Iceland, Reykjavík, 21-24 August, 2013. Conference Proceedings
- Nordic Academy of Management
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam Business School Research Institute (ABS-RI)
In this conceptual paper we elaborate on the replication of innovation in professional service firms (PSFs). We do this by integrating literature streams on replication, knowledge sharing, productization of services and management of PSF’s. First we discuss the object of replication in order to analyze what might be leveraged and replicated. Then we address the various levels of replication (individual, team, area, firm) and reflect on the limitations and managerial challenges in the process of replication. Then we discuss various replication strategies and tactics in PSF’s. Finally we develop a framework for describing and analyzing replication and illustrate the framework with three recent case studies on different professional service firms.
- Conference proceedings on USB key in the Conference bag
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.